Popping into school to do a quick job ended up being 4 hours – quite pleasantly spent pottering around tweaking a few things in the classroom and putting together our Autumn Leaves display.
We wrote Autumn cinquains and published them on leaves, which were then dyed, crumpled and cut out. We also did some leaf rubbings. A large piece of cardboard (thank you @invictus11 for the boxes) was painted brown first, then real leaves, leaf rubbings and the poems were hot glued onto the card. Finally the whole thing was put up (thank you staple gun!).
I tried gickr.com for the animation – it’s very easy to use and as you can see quite effective.